Monday, November 17, 2008

Quick notes while my brain is still functioning

Usually 10 pm brings my thought processes to a slow halt as the day catches up with me. I've had a little more sugar than normal today so I'll see if these thoughts will make sense!
My pregnancy is going well, no more morning sickness. I heard the strong heartbeat of the baby at the last doctor's visit and the first week of Dec. I'll have an ultrasound. I would like to know the gender of the baby, but we will be happy with what God has planned! I have more energy too, which is welcomed. I have to keep myself from focusing on thoughts of the future, or else I get too overwhelmed by the "what-ifs." Mostly those pertaining to how in the world I'm going to homeschool with an infant. I'm trying to keep my trust where it belongs; most definitely not in me, but in the Lord. When we have regular internet access again I will scour the web for stories and tips on how moms do that, but for now it is one day at a time.

Homeschooling is going really well now. Both kids are willing to work, although they need a little persuasion now and then. My biggest challenge is keeping MY mind on the work and not on all the fun Christmas crafts I could be doing with them. Oh we are doing holiday crafts all right, but there is not time in the day for all the fun ideas I have! In the words of Sue Graham, "I am a visionary!!"

We are looking forward to a Thanksgiving visit to friends a family up north. I'll do my best to not begin decorating for Christmas before we go. I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Cheri Bunch said...

I am going to buy a new bag of marshmallows today!!!!! Counting the days until I see you and yours! Love you!