Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturdays are wonderful

I think this is the best day as I sit in bed with hubby's laptop. He fixed me a quick breakfast and is currently trying to motivate the kids to clean up their rooms. I'm trying to sit still and not help, not go get in the middle of the "why do we have to" whining! We all did a little shopping and he insisted that I pick out a pair of maternity jeans. He laughed when I wouldn't pick out a new shirt too. I just honestly can't stand to spend money on me! I feel that there will not be enough. I know that I should trust the Lord's provision...I know He will take care of us.
One thing that I know the Lord has recently provided for us-friends. We had the most wonderful time at the zoo Tuesday with a homeschooling family that just started going to our church. I can't wait to get to know them better. I thought of a thousand reasons to call them this week, but didn't because I don't want to seem too needy! I really don't want to scare them off. This is such an answer to prayer because we don't have many homeschooling friends in our area. I have connected with online homeschooling friends, but not many in person. I needed the connection we made on Tuesday.
I really am anticipating holding my baby boy. I wonder what his face will look like, what his personality is. I know he will be such an awesome addition to our family. I try to take it one day at a time in the area of planning for his arrival and in homeschooling after he comes. The homeschool room really, really needs organizing soon. really soon. I am still trying to decide whether we'll use cloth or disposable diapers. The added laundry for cloth scares me.
The kids are working great everyday. It is not always perfectly whine-free, but it is so good to be with them and learn with them. We are having fun.
God is so good to bless us, isn't He?

No comments: