Monday, February 2, 2009

Real Lovers

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. ---Rose Franken

I stumbled across this quote and it not only fits with Valentine's day approaching, but also with topics that have been the focus at church lately. An obvious definition of the word "lovers" would be people who are "in love." And I am so in love! My wonderful mother-in-law kept our kids this weekend and that allowed my sweet love and I to spend time together alone. We did not do a big special date night. We sat at home and watched TV; we went grocery shopping; we laughed so much. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I am so blessed to have him.

The less obvious meaning of "lovers" would be people who love. At church we've been discussing evangelism and the main point of this Sunday was that if we truely love as God loves then we will share that love. We won't be preachy, hyper-spiritual Bible pounding evangelists. We will live love every moment of every day, because He first loved. I want my heart to be moved to always reach out in love. I want to look up from whatever self-centered focus has captured my attention and see the suffering and rejoicing around me. I am praying for my neighbors. I am praying for opportunities to be loving, even to people I don't know. I want God to change me in this way. Being silly comes naturally! I am so silly sometimes. I want to love authentically, being myself, being transparent and honest. Being silly and getting someone to smile might just be the best way to show them genuine love and show them that they are worth loving.

1 comment:

Cheri Bunch said...

Corrie, I love this!

You are writing more!

I love your thoughts. Thank you for sharing them.

One of my articles is going to be published in Proverbs 31 magazine. The editor thinks it will be in the June issue. : )

Love to all of you!