Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cooking and Cleaning

Cooking and Cleaning have become a driving need for me right now. I keep thinking of things I want to have done before the baby comes. At this week's doctor visit I am at 1 cm and am 50% effaced, so progress is being made! I have relaxed a bit with homeschooling. I plan to read with them and practice math concepts like multiplication facts with Charlie and addition facts with Kaity.
Yesterday I cooked meals and froze them for future use. So far I have two chicken pot pies, two enchilada casseroles, meat sauce for pasta, quesadilla filling for at least 3 meals and today plan to make pizzas and freeze them. I am also in the process of making blueberry and cranberry muffins. My mother-in-law told me that she was making banana nut bread when she went into labor with two her kids (the other one was a planned c-section I think), so I'll be starting banana nut bread later today!
Needless to say my house smells wonderful and I really want to eat about a dozen hot blueberry muffins right now.
I feel a great sense of peace right now. I am not anxious or worried. I know that God is in control. I think ahead to the painful labor that is looming and don't dread it. Whatever happens, complications or not I know God's grace will not fail. I trust Him with my whole life, my whole family, my whole future. He is my strength. As much as I want to see the face of this precious creation God has been forming, I wait for God's perfect timing. His soverign plan is most important! I know God will work out all the details of transportation to the hospital (in time!) and God will make sure Gaylen is there with me and my kids are well taken care of. All is in His hands. I can't think of a better place.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

i wish i were there to "coach" you!!! ahhh! i cant wait!!!!