Monday, June 15, 2009

The Baby Slept

It almost felt strange, waking up after such a long stretch of uninterupted sleep. Jeremiah went to sleep after a very colicky afternoon and evening at about 10:30 pm. He woke at 4:30 am. --6 hours in a row--Yipee!

The flip side was that he was so hungry that he nursed ravenously and then the reflux seemed to bother him alot. I thought the trade off was acceptable for one night. It would be great if we were to the point of a long night's sleep, but I'd rather him not be hurting from reflux.

Charles and Kaity and I will stick with our plans to do some math together today and accomplish some housekeeping chores. After that I think we should read lots today- we do have our summer reading logs to fill for the public library summer reading program after all!!

I also will be keeping up with my goal of Bible Study everyday. Not just Bible reading. I've started a Beth Moore study called Stepping Up and am enjoying it. I really don't think I should be surprised anymore when God helps me though my days so much better when I put time with Him first. I've seen His faithfulness throughout my walk with Him. Myself and some friends from church are blogging to stay accountable to spend time in the Word daily. Join us if you want some accountability too at Wings of the Dawn, Bible Study Accountability.

1 comment:

Mommy Reg said...

Praise the Lord for sleep! Those nights always seem to be few and far between. I am glad you got some sleep because that is so beneficial for you. Hopefully, he will figure out a balance so that he won't over eat and feel horrible afterward.