Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Family Fun

We've had so much fun with family this last week. My brother-in-law and his wife and daughter came for a visit and stayed a week. The big kids had fun playing with their cousin and Jeremiah tried his best to be a charmer! He had some screaming moments, but we were even able to go to the Houston Children's Museum for a fun day. The guys all went on an off-shore fishing trip and brought back lots of Red Snapper and King Mackerel- yummy! Now that family is gone we're trying to get back into routine. Charlie is engrossed in a book already and I'm still trying to entice Kaity with lots of different types of books.

My 32nd birthday came and went, without much fanfare. It does seem so much older to say, "I'm 32" but I don't feel like a grown-up yet. It is okay with me if I never feel like a grown-up. On Saturday my dear husband is taking me to the Phantom of the Opera and to a fancy restaurant. He said we can even dress up. Now that sounds like a grown-up talking, huh?!
I have my dress all picked out. It fits. I wore it before being pregnant for the third time. I was really glad it still fit. I'm thinking about how to do my hair.
In the back of my mind are lots of lists of things to prepare for homeschool for the next year. I'll leave them there to percolate for now.

Playing behind all that is a song of the Lord working in my heart. His presence is quiet in noisy times, but there all the same. I'm working on listening to that song more and the other stuff less.

No comments: