Saturday, April 17, 2010

I hereby disavow all my pack-rat-ing ways

I am a collector of books, notebooks, papers and pens. In sorting and packing I see this. I won't be allowing myself to buy any notebooks in the near future, no matter how cute they are or how much they will inspire me to write!
We took a break from packing the other day to do a little history. Mainly because we all love Story of the World so much, like I said in this post. We are also needing to finish this volume of it so we can go on to the next with our new curriculum from My Father's World when we start our new school year in June. We've always schooled year-round and I wouldn't have it any other way. The kids don't get so bored in the summer 'cause we're keeping up with school (usually with a little bit lighter schedule) and we don't have to spend as much time reviewing what's been forgotten.
That kind of flexibility is one reason I love homeschooling, the relationships that my kids share is another. I'm so glad we get to homeschool after the move, that gives one less thing for them to adjust to.
We are getting close to the end of the packing and cleaning adventure. I am so ready to be done. I still can't believe we're moving to Kansas in a little over a week. It will be sad to say good-bye to the friends we have here, but I am excited for the new chapter in our lives.
I'm off to relax a bit before bed.

No comments: