Sunday, May 2, 2010

Living Word

I'm so thankful for the Word of God that is living and active. I'm so thankful today for faithful servants, pastors, who proclaim the Word, even when it may not be the easiest message to speak! Today the message was about rejecting the world and embracing Jesus Christ as the Lord of our whole lives, about not letting the world and fleshly desires be our focus. I was grateful to be reminded that although we may stumble, as long as we are seeking to make the Lord the director of our steps and the Lord of our lives we are assured of our place in eternity. I stumble, sometimes it seems so often. But I do seek to honor Him with my life and will continue to do so everyday.
That said I know that the world seeps in, sometimes very subtly, and impacts my life. I was struck again today by the immense responsibility I have to lead these little ones with my life. The words I speak will not matter much at all if my actions do not point to Him. I have been convicted in a few areas where I have allowed myself to compare my Christian walk with the Christians around me and not with the standard held up by my Savior. Mentally, the difficulty in choosing to completely surrender to Christ is the thought, "what if I'm alone in letting Him be Lord extremely?" or even in wondering what others will think of me. I read this earlier today,
"Listen to Me, you who know rightness and justice and right standing with God, the people in whose heart is My law and My instruction; fear not the reproach of men, neither be afraid nor dismayed at their revilings, For in comparison with the Lord, they are so weak that things as insignificant as the moth shall eat them up like a garment. But My rightness and justice and faithfully fulfilled promise shall be forever, and My salvation to all generations." Isaiah 51:7-8(Amplified)
I would rather fear the Lord, who has the power to not only decide where I spend eternity, but also what my life on earth is like. I do not want to know what life would be like without His presence and blessing in my life. That makes the fear of people's opinion seem so much smaller! I would rather live a life in the fear and respect and honor of the Lord in front of these precious children than a life that shows a yearning toward anything the world has to offer. I am so aware of my need for my Savior to continually redirect my life. I am so grateful for the redemptive work He accomplished for me and my children (and my children's children, and...) on the cross!

1 comment:

Cheri Bunch said...

Thank you for this. I wondered how it went yesterday! Seems so strange with you guys there ... us guys somewhere else. I am missing you in that way! So glad you are home!